Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pintrest Fails.

I will say it again, I love Pintrest. If you do not know about Pintrest, let me tell ya, you are missing out. It's wonderful. It's a gal's BFF. You got a question, Pintrest is your answer.

Q: "What should I make for dinner?" 
A: "Pintrest."


Q: "What should I do with this left over paint?"
A: "Pintrest."


Q: "Whats the best hair cut for my face shape?"
A: "Pintrest."


See?

Still not getting it, lemme put it this way - Pintrest is an online pin board of all your interests. Get it? Pintrest. Clever. You create virtual boards of things that interest you, like Food, Clothing, Crafts to Try, etc. They you can browse what other people have pinned (like an internet favorites link with a pic) and save them to your board. It's like your internet favorites favorites bar but now you have a visual reminder to go with it... and you get to see what all your friends are pinning (think of the facebook news feed.)

*Sad news: not everything on Pintrest is as good as it sounds. 
I am sorry I had to be the one to tell you this, but it's true. Sometimes, people are fools and pin things that are:
a)gross tasting
b)not worth your time to attempt
c)completely false
d)all of the above

How is a girl to know?! Sometimes I think "That dish looks delish, and look, that pinner liked it... so it must be good." Then I spend all my precious time and energy and money trying to follow the directions (sometimes excellent, sometimes iffy) to create said dish... only to find out that said dish is inedible. At which point I have to make my family choke it down and/or default to making bean burritos, again. Seriously, is there no help for us honest and trusting pinners?



Not to worry, illistyle to the rescue - the "Fail." Board is here.  I got so tired of pinning something, then trying it, only to find out that it was a horrible waste, that I, along with some other amazing women, have been adding these fails to a board in order that no unsuspecting pinner will ever have to eat another nasty meal/try that craft that ends up hideous/feel like a failure because someone pinned a lie.



*If you want to join Pintrest, click here.
*If you think I am amazing and want to follow me, click here.
*If you want to contribute to the FAIL board, please do the following, follow me on Pintrest, then leave a comment below requesting an invite to contribute to the board, please include your Pintrest username.

What have you tried on pintrest that has failed?
Leave your comment belowLet other pinners know! Join the FAIL board today.


2 comments:

  1. ha, a fail pinterest board. that's a good idea. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some comment love. i tried to reply but my computer is sort of old and sucks so it was quicker for me to stop by your place. happy tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! I love that you created a fail pin board...gosh, I hope none of my ideas ended up there :).

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest