Monday, April 9, 2012

Hi. My name is April and I'm a polish-aholic.

Confession: I love nail polish. I do. It's beautiful. Little bottles of paint, for your hands... wow.  So we live on a tiny island in the Caribbean where all resources are scarce, but make-up and beauty products, those are almost non-existent. My solution? Buy everything I will need for the year while I am in the US on vacation at Christmas. Sounds genius, I know. But this is what happened when I did that:





What the heck do I with all these?  I had to find a solution before they ate up all the valuable counter-top realestate.  I was totally inspired by:

This amazing spice rack revlation


and

this magnetic make-up board


So with all my polish crowding my bathroom counter, I thought, "I MUST have something that will hold all of these." Lo and behold, I did.  I had bought this very ornate little piece at the grocery store last year in order to hold all our shower/bath stuff.  I know what you're thinking, "Grocery Store?!" but lemme tell you, here it is the thrift store (meaning people bought stuff form Goodwill in the states and now they are reselling them down here in Roatan) or Eldons. Oh Eldon's Sun Supermarket, how I love thee. It is a wonderful, magical little retreat. Ok, well actually it is just a total standard grocery store for the US, but here its our equivlent of WalMart/Super Target. Therefore I love it. Check it out:

Please keep the comments about my extremely mauve walls to yourselves. I am aware they are hideous. We live in a rental. On an island. In Honduras. We'll take what we can get.

But, let's not focus on that. Focus on the awesome. All my nail polish is corralled. Along with my make up on the bottom shelf.  Out of reach of tiny toddler hands, but totally accessible. Plus, the crazy ornateness allowed me to hang all my jewelry up.  I was seriously considering giving this away because we bought it while we were living in a different rental and I have been schlepping it around as we have moved.  So glad I did not get rid of it. What a blessing it is!

How do you store your beauty products?






1 comment:

  1. Hi. My name is Acacia and I too, am a nail polish-aholic. My addiction started years ago when I was much younger. An older "girlfriend" first introduced me to nail polish. It has been a battle ever since.
    I love that I have the same make-up (ok, ok, and that same amount/colors of nail polish)!
    GREAT organizer!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest